Sunday, April 20, 2014

A great week ...

So this week was crazy -- a lot went on! On Wednesday our two investigators, Hyun and Yoon, committed to baptism! We're so excited for them; keep them in your prayers! They're going to be baptized on May 11, if all goes well.  The  super awesome thing that happened this week: on Thursday we had 12-week training follow up, so I got to see all my buddies from the MTC! That was great.  President and Sister Christensen gave a couple of great talks and the spirit was so strong. Then we got training from the APs. It was super good and it was on evaluating ourselves so that we can learn from what we're doing, and molding our lessons to better fit our investigators. I definitely got a lot out of it and they did really great!
On Thursday I went on exchanges with Elder Bishop, who's only a transfer ahead of me.  So we spent 24 hours trying to talk to people with our zero Korean that we know.  It was definitely a good experience and I came out of it speaking better than I had before.  My Korean is getting to the point where I can hold a small conversation with more teenagers and students -- I still have a ton to learn!  On Saturday, we had ward  family home evening, which was super fun -- we played a bunch of different eating games!  I also -- drum roll -- made a full phone call in Korean!!!  It was nuts!  Elder Leavitt had to help me script it all out, but I did it!
On Sunday, we decided to start finding and talking to less-active members, so we went out to a member who used to be in the bishopric and went inactive after he was released.  Our ward probably has more inactive people in it than active people.  So we went out into a little city called Namyangju to go and find this guy and his family.  It was like a 4 mile walk out to this apartment building and then they didn't let us in.  We're not giving up on them, though!  We really want to work on bringing people back in; it's soooo sad how people just get baptized then go inactive! We're gonna get them back, though!
I love you guys! Everyone stay safe and happy!

Rob


Pictures!
1. Me totally stoked about making a phone call with my script :P



2. Elder Miller and I at 12 week training -- it was so great to see him!




No comments:

Post a Comment