Sunday, May 4, 2014

Busy week ...

So this week was super hectic cause we had so much stuff going on in the
mission.  On Wednesday we took a train all the way out to an area called
Wonju that's way outside of Seoul.  We went there for a mission tour that
Elder Whiting was conducting.  This town is seriously out in the middle of
nowhere and there were just a ton of missionaries walking around
everywhere.  Elder Whiting gave really awesome training on how we can be
better missionaries.  He also talked a lot about after-mission life and what
we need to be doing after the mission (it was kind of annoying to hear
considering that I've only been out for just over 3 months now.)  Then, on
Sunday, we had Sister Burton of the General Relief Society Presidency come
and give a fireside on Saturday night in the Seoul South Mission, so I
actually got to go outside of my mission area, which was something that I
hear NEVER happens!  Sister Burton gave a talk about raising your children
in the gospel and it really made me think about how much I want to raise my
kids in this church cause it's blessed my life so much. It really put a
different perspective on what I want family life to be like someday. It was
a great talk and I got some amazing advice out of it.

On Saturday we had a ward picnic out in Deokso with the ward that was
really fun. We played a ton of different games and ate. It was all around
just awesome. Korean people apparently really like exercise dances, so we
did crazy dances for like half an hour and then played a ton of soccor.
After that we had a baptism in our ward for the other elders' investigator.
His name is Park Ho Young and he's this 92 year-old guy who's a serious
stud -- his family members are all members and he finally took the plunge to
get baptized!  He showed up to his baptism wearing a full track suit!  It was
legit!  
All in all, this week was really good.

    An eternal family ...

I've also had some really telling thoughts this week.  Looking back at these
past 3 months, I can honestly say that they've been the hardest 3 months of
my life, but they've been worth it.  The experiences that I've had have
helped me grow in a way that I wouldn't have if I had just stayed home.
I've had so many experiences that just give me the overwhelming feeling
that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing.  I'm so glad for those of you
who pushed me and helped me get on a mission.  It's you guys that keep me
going on days where it gets rough!

Rob


    On the train with the best district in Korea ...

No comments:

Post a Comment