Sunday, May 18, 2014

Keep Moving Forward ...

I didn't get the chance to email last week because it was Mother's Day and I didn't really have a whole lot of time on the computer. So I'll try to put these past two weeks into one week's email since not a whole lot went on!

Missionary work has been straight up tough these past two weeks, but it should all pay off in the end. Both of our investigators that had baptismal dates haven't been able to meet with us at all for the past two weeks, so they no longer have a baptismal dates anymore and aren't considered progressing at this point.  We're working hard to meet with them again but our schedules never really match up since they're seniors in high school.  (Korean high school is really difficult senior year and most students attend school for 12 or more hours a day.)  We had three appointments last Friday and none of them showed up. :P  Tomorrow we're meeting with a new investigator who's part of a less-active family -- he's my age and apparently a crazy good basketball player.  We also got a new ward mission leader this week, so we'll see how that works out!  He seems really excited about the calling and wants to meet with all the missionaries ASAP.

The longer I'm here, the more I notice that a ton of things here are just way different than in America. I remember everyone telling me how when they were on their mission they wouldn't ask what they were eating; I thought they were crazy for putting something into their mouths, having no idea what it was.  Now I can completely relate to everyone who's ever said that.  Last night I had this freezing cold noodle dish that I thought was just flavorless alfredo served cold, it was apparently mashed beans and a ton of weird stuff.  At the end you had to drink all the rest of the mush down; it was really interesting. The weather has also been crazy.  It's been super humid and in the 80 degree range.  It feels soooo hot out, but the crazy part is that there are sudden down pours of rain that feel just as hot.  It's so strange, but I love it.  Korea is seriously one of the coolest places ever.

I can't wait to hear from all you guys!  Stay safe!  I love you all!

Elder Woodall (Rob :P)

Photos...

1. This awesome dish called Mandu, it's kimchi with some meat mixed in. It's super tasty and really cheap.


2. Last week I made this dish called Kimbob, which is sort of a Korean version of sushi. It's sooooo good.




No comments:

Post a Comment