Sunday, November 16, 2014

High on the Mountaintop!

First off, I could REALLY use more emails. Most of my email time was me just sitting around last week! Wake up and sent me something! Even if it's short!

This was a AWESOME and interesting week. Most of our weeks are spent out contacting people on the street everyday and trying to find people, but all of a sudden, we've been teaching people everyday of the week. 

So my crazy story from this week.... Last week we were out street contacting and we said hello to this guy, and he immediately starts speaking English to us; which is pretty normal cause there are a lot of fluent English speakers in Korea but.... This guy is from Korea, but grew up in Japan going to a English speaking school then moved to Georgia when he was 18 or 19 years old. He has the slightest Georgia accent to him and he's AMAZING. We talked with him for an hour on the street then met with him again later in the week. He accepted everything that we taught and was telling us how he could feel the Spirit when we taught him. IT WAS SO COOL! Then he read half of the Book of Mormon that night! We're going to meet with him later again this week. 

Elder McLeod and I taught an investigator everyday this week. It's been so great to see a sudden burst in people meeting with us. The blessings are just pouring out. Hopefully this will week be even better! I really hope that people realize that what we're sharing WILL change their lives. I wish everyone would realize that.

One of our investigators has almost quit smoking and came to the church the first time. He already has a HUGE testimony of the gospel, it's just the smoking that's holding him back. We now 3 investigators that could get baptized within the next month. It's awesome. 

We got permission this week to go up and pray on top of Achasan this week, which is the mountain that splits Seoul from the countryside. It's right behind our house, so we woke up at 5:30 am and hiked it at sun rise. It was AMAZING! Getting outside of the city is my favorite thing in the world. The moments where I can just get out in nature and see things other than concrete and more concrete are the best. I've seriously grown to have so much more of an appreciation for Idaho and living outside of the city since I got here, and it's not like I didn't already love it before!

Oh, and one of our investigators is taking us out to eat live octopus on Wednesday! I'm so excited!

Love all of you guys! 사랑해요! 다음 주에 많는 email를 주세요!

Rob 

Pictures!

1. Elder Lee and I went to Costco this week. Expensive!
2. Elder McLeod and I on top of Achasan.
3. Seoul from on top of the mountain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment