Sunday, November 16, 2014

LETTER!

It's been an interesting week this week. My missionary work has really changed a lot of the last week. I feel like I'm starting to lose a lot of the fear that I've had in the past about talking to the people and stepping out of my bubble. It's been really weird and really hard. I'm not afraid of people at this point.

I hit the realization this week that what we're teaching IS the RESTORED message of Jesus Christ and his church. It's not just some feel good thing that we're going about and trying to tell people about to brighten their day up. It's something That WILL change your life, it's something that WILL bring you happiness, it's something that EVERYONE needs, and I've got to put aside my fears so that people can have the chance to change their lives. Those of the that haven't had the chance to hear it, go hear it. It's why I'm here serving and it's why I'm here trying to help people. I promise you that if you go into it with an open heart looking to know the truth, you WILL find happiness and it WILL change you life. You might already be attending church or believe in Jesus Christ or doing whatever it is that is making you happy. If you're happy now, you will be just that much happier. Please do it. Please. I promise you it's worth it. 

To those of you that I email who are members of this church and have been baptized, gain a testimony of this Gospel, the Church, and the Book of Mormon. I promise you that it's worth it. I'll be really honest with everyone here. I didn't have a strong testimony when I left to come to Korea. I mainly came out here cause it was expected of me. I didn't really know what I was doing, and I didn't know what I would be giving up to do this. When I left to come here I just wanted to get this over with to come home. Now I'm dying for more time. The last few months have changed my life, I've become someone that I'm proud of. I'm someone that I want to be. And I'm blessed to still have another 12 months of so to figure it out even more. I've come to realize that the things I was taught when I was young are true, and that the things I was taught are the things that bring happiness. Over the last year of so I've seen it not only in my life, but the lives of others too. So get your scripture out and read them. Get on your knees and pray for an answer. If you think that you're too lost to get back on the right path, you're not. Everyone can do it. Anyone can pray. You're never too lost. You can do it. Don't do it just because I said to do it either. Do it because it's worth it, it's worth knowing that Jesus Christ IS your Savior and that he is the path to happiness. So do it. It's hard, I've spent 11 months getting to this point, it wasn't easy, but it was worth it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this week not a ton of real stuff went on. My companion and I baked cookies which were AWESOME, except..... The chocolate that we used melted STRAIGHT into the dough. So now we just have a bunch of cookie dough that we con't really bake because the chocolate just starts burning in the over. So we're going to try again this week!

Then we also had a stake choir competition this week. We had to do a ton of practicing for it, but it was AWESOME. The missionaries in our ward sung "Love at Home" in Korean, and Elder Larsen in our ward is an AMAZING guitar player, so he played it on the guitar as everyone else sung to it. I wish I had video of it!

I also gave a 12 minute talk in sacrament meeting in Korean. It was rough! My reading skill are going to get worked on over the next few months now. Luckily there were some people that were able to understand me! Yay!

Missionary work was a little rough this week, we had one day where we went out for 6 hours and talked to only 45 people. Normally we would talk to over 100 people in that amount of time. It just means that I'm that much closer to finding the right person. I'm just that much closer to finding someone who has been waiting for this their whole life. It's so amazing, and I'm so happy to be here. 

I love you all. Be safe, and I can't wait to hear back from you! :)

Rob

If you send letters you'll get one back ASAP! Same with packages :) Send away!
For letters...
Elder Christian Woodall
Korea Seoul Mission
Gwanghwamun Po Box
210
Jongno-Gu
Seoul-si 110-602
South Korea

For packages....
Elder Christian Woodall
Korea Seoul Mission
Samcheong-ro 9 gil 45
Jongno-gu
Seoul-si 110-230
South Korea

Pictures this week!
1. I got my 2nd letter since I've been in Korea this week! (This is a hint to send me mail!) One of the best days EVER!  

No comments:

Post a Comment